- The type of denture plays a major role in whether the dentures look natural.
- A qualified dentist can work hand in hand with you to customise the dentures to restore your lost teeth.
- You need to properly maintain your teeth prosthesis to retain their natural look.
- It is possible to wear dentures and still rock a confident-looking smile.
Dentures are a common solution for people who have lost some or all of their teeth, although many people view them as fake and artificial.
However, with advancements in cosmetic dentistry, dentures have developed in terms of fit, comfort, and appearance. So, it is now possible to achieve a confident smile and natural appearance with dentures due to modern techniques and materials.
Whether you are considering getting dentures for the first time or looking to upgrade your current set, the following article will guide you toward getting yourself a confident smile with natural-looking dentures in Brisbane.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Type of Denture Looks The Most Natural?
- 2 Tips for Achieving Natural-Looking Dentures
- 3 Finding a Skilled Dentist
- 4 Tips for maintaining the natural appearance of dentures
- 5 Get the Smile of Your Dreams with Natural-Looking Dentures from Moorooka Dental Care
- 6 FAQ
What Type of Denture Looks The Most Natural?
As you may know, dentures can be used to restore your lost teeth. The denture type your dentist recommends will be based on your circumstances.
To decipher which type of dentures look best naturally, let us take an in-depth look into the various options available in Australia.
Traditional dentures are removable prosthetic teeth that sit on top of the gums and are held in place by suction or an adhesive. They serve as replacement teeth and gums for people who have lost some or all of their teeth.
The idea of dentures that look fake came from this type since they commonly fall out. Fortunately, modern materials and techniques in the creation of cosmetic dentures make them effective as natural-looking false teeth.
Your best bet to getting dentures that look like real teeth with the traditional type are to work closely with your dentist. At Moorooka Dental Care, our skilled professionals pride themselves in ensuring your teeth’s prosthesis matches the shape, size, and colour of your remaining teeth. We understand that customisation is key and can make a big difference in achieving a real-looking smile.
- It is a less invasive procedure.
- They are affordable.
- They can be made relatively quickly.
- They can shift during eating or while sleeping.
- They can feel bulky and uncomfortable, especially if not made by a qualified professional.
- They may require frequent adjustments.
Implant-supported dentures are a more modern option that involves surgically inserting titanium or zirconia posts called dental implants into the jawbone. These posts serve as artificial tooth roots and offer support for the prosthesis. They may be removable or permanent dentures.
This type offers increased stability as the implants fuse with the jawbone. They can also look more natural since the denture base and crown can be customised to match the shape and size of your other teeth.
- They prevent bone loss in the jaw.
- This set of dentures offers greater stability and comfort.
- They look and feel like real teeth since they are fixed securely to the implants in the mouth.
- They are more expensive than the traditional type.
- They require surgery and healing time.
Partial dentures are an option for people who have lost some but not all of their teeth. They are made with a combination of metal and plastic and attached to the surrounding teeth via connectors or clasps.
This type is a great option for people who want to get back their natural smile but are not ready to invest in implants or full dentures. It is important to work with a qualified dental professional so your dentures do not look fake.
- They improve chewing and speech.
- They are more affordable than implant supported dentures.
- They are made rather quickly.
- They can put stress on the remaining teeth.
- They can feel bulky and uncomfortable.
- They may require frequent adjustments.
Tips for Achieving Natural-Looking Dentures
The denture you get can play a huge role in whether they appear natural. However, there are some other factors to take into consideration when aiming for the most natural-looking dentures.
You can always ask your dentist for their advice, but below are some tips for getting real-looking prosthesis teeth.
- Proper fit: The fit of the prosthesis is critical to achieving natural-looking teeth. An ill-fitting prosthesis can make your face appear sunken or distorted while well-fitting dentures will make them look as natural as possible.
- Shape and size: The shape and size of your denture teeth should match your face size and shape. Natural teeth are not the same in shape and size, so our specialists will work to make sure your dentures blend in perfectly.
- Colour Match: The colour of your dentures should match that of your natural gum and teeth. Our skilled dentists can customise the colour of the prosthesis to do just that.
Finding a Skilled Dentist
Finding a skilled and qualified dentist can be quite a daunting task. However, with our tips, you will be well on your way to locating a highly qualified professional in Australia in no time.
Start by researching oral care specialists who make and fit dentures in your area. Then go ahead and check the reviews and ratings from previous patients to get an idea of how they work.
Schedule a consultation with the dental practitioner and discuss your expectations and concerns. The dentist should also examine your mouth and take measurements to kick start the denture-creation process.
Make sure that the denture clinic communicates clearly with you. They should effectively explain the treatment process from the initial consultation to the final fitting in a way you can understand.
Tips for maintaining the natural appearance of dentures
When dentures are fitted by a qualified dental professional, they will restore your confident smile. However, you should take care of them well so that you will have dentures that may last for a lifetime.
Clean Your Dentures Regularly
Dentures need to be cleaned just like real teeth to prevent the buildup of plaque and bacteria. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and denture cleaner at least once a day to clean your dentures.
Soak dentures overnight
Soaking dentures in water or a denture-cleaning solution can help keep them clean and prevent staining.
Avoid hot liquids
Depending on the material used to make your dentures, hot liquids can warp and cause them to lose shape, which can affect their fit and appearance. So it is important to ensure your dentures are protected from such liquids.
Visit Your Dentist Regularly
Visit your dentist regularly, as they can help ensure that your dentures are in good condition and fit properly. These regular checkups can also help identify issues earlier.
Get the Smile of Your Dreams with Natural-Looking Dentures from Moorooka Dental Care
Dentures, when installed by skilled dentists, are effective replacements for missing teeth and completely mimic the appearance of your natural teeth. At Moorooka Dental Care, we take pride in the creation and fitting of dentures that restore not just your teeth’s function but their aesthetics as well. Book a consultation with us today!
How long do natural-looking dentures last?
Natural-looking dentures can last for several years with proper care. However, this depends on factors such as how often they are worn and the materials used.
Will dentures affect my speech?
Dentures may cause some difficulty in your speech when you first get them. But with practice, you will adjust and return to speaking normally.
Can I eat normally with realistic-looking dentures?
Yes, you can eat a wide variety of foods with properly fitted dentures. However, it may take a while to adjust to your dentures and we recommend that you start with soft foods and work your way to harder ones.